Top 40 Secretes to Rank your Blog on 1st in Google Search 2022
Contrary to what majority believes, ranking an article or a blog post high in search engines such as Google is not as related to the CMS or platform in use as it is to the content of the blog post itself.
In this article, I reveal 40 top secretes to rank your blogger blog post 1st in Google search results pages in its related search terms.
Meanwhile, Blogger is one of the best blogging platforms the world ever had for many reasons including its ease of use and flexibility, ranking and search visibility among a host of other reasons.
Unless you are not doing things the right way, you may never regret blogging on blogger platform.
The Google’s blogging platform, Blogger which is also known as Blogspot is often looked down among the blogging platforms.
Because majority thinks Blogger platform is not doing so fine especially in design, flexibility, SEO optimization, leads and traffic generation to name a few.
But, you know what; I say capital “No”!.
Blogger is one of the best blogging platforms the world ever had. Unless you are not doing things the right way, you may never regret blogging on that platform.
In this lengthy singular post, I have put together everything you need to know and start doing right now in order to make your blogger blog stand out.
And I must add, if you manage to master all these points and implement them in your blogger blog yet your blog failed; just mention @ivtheme on Twitter with the hashtag #Blogspothelp. Either myself or one of my team members would be there to respond and we shall help you propell your blogger blog for free.
Note: this compilation is strictly for blogger blog bloggers.
Now, let us go straight to the point.
If you are looking for ways to propell your blogger blog from zero to hero, here are my most valuable secretes to help your blogger blog go viral within thirty to ninety days.
In this post, I reveal to you a number of blogger blogging tips that supercharge your blogger blog presence.
If you prefer, you may get a cup of coffee and relax as this is really a long curated post.
And if you prefer it again, I would suggest that you bookmark this page so that you may always come back to read through or check your progress if you are already putting the lessons learned here into practice.
Meanwhile, I would also like to inform you that, for easy understanding as this is a long post; I have segmented the entire discussion into different categories.
And each segment discussing specific tooltips and points of note.
Now, to start with;
Zero to Hero: Steps to Build A Successful Blogger Blog from Scratch
This segment focuses and discusses what you should do before you start with or create your blogger blog in order to ensure that you have a successful blogger blog on the long run.
If you already have a blogger blog not doing fine SEO-wise, you may check with this segment as well and make necessary adjustments where needed.
Before you create your blogger blog, here are what you should do:
1. Choose your Blogger Blog Niche Wisely
This step is especially a compulsory requirement for every fresh bloggers who are just aiming to join the blogosphere.
If you are just joining the blogosphere you can’t just start with the broad markets like marketing, mentoring, or entrepreneurship or any other broad niche. Even if you are an expert in that niche, you would have tough time establishing a formidable presence blogging in such niche as they are extremely competitive.
Having said that, you need to employ the use of advanced marketing analytics and keyword research tools. SEMrush is one of such tools you can use to mine for niche ideas that are still feasible within your targeting niche.
Tool tips for a fresh blogger just starting out:
- Start with a flexible niche. A flexible niche is one you can actually write on and be detailed in your writings. It is also those niche you have all the tools required to propell it. Example; if you are not an experienced developer, you cannot venture in blogging on how to writing codes – that’s definitely not a flexible niche for you.
- Build passion around your chosen niche. – this,I believe is self-explanatory.
- Research for others who are already in your niche to scan for inspirations and or ideas.
However, if you are an existing blogger who has a few blogger blog and wishes to propell your blogs to a much greater heights, you need to change your blogging game a little bit.
- Check your niche: does your blog belong to a general niche such as entrepreneurship or a sub-general niche such as startup businesses.
- If you are blogging in a general niche, you need to divert, migrate and focus a sub-general niche that’s likely less competitive within your already targeting niche.
- Ensure you are covering as many important topics in your category as possible.
- Ensure you are using brief and accurate titles. Rename your blog posts title if necessary.
This is a really long topic on its own but I’ll be discussing it in greater detail in one of my next posts.
2. Come up with A Blog Name that Blends Well
For any fresh blogger, after finalizing your niche, the next step is to come up with a name that blends well with your blog.
While there is no blog name that can be considered perfect, there are suitable names from which you can choose. And to help you choose a suitable name for your blog, be sure your blog name has these characters:
- Must be easy to remember — generally, short names are easy to remember but some long names can also be easier to remember. The tooltip here is that your blog name must be easier to remember.
- Must be related to your Niche — using a blog name that’s related to your niche is a soft-sell for you thus; seeing the name alone, people already know what the blog is all about. And if you still have no clue as to what to call your blog, consider using a tool to generate keyword combinations. Combinatorics is a free keyword combination generator that can help you come up with unique blog names. Visit Combinatorics website here or check our tutorials on Combinatorics here.
- Desist from Using Numbers and Hyphens in your Blog Name. Just alphabets. Or, a superb combination of alpha-numeric blog names such as tips247hub, ideas123, sports24 and the likes. But never use some names similar to ideas4teens – this is extremely misleading and not good at all.
That’s all in that. Now, proceed to the next stage.
3. Make your Blogger Blog Name and Domain Name a Match
Now that you probably have the most suitable name for your blogger blog, the next step is to register your blog name as your domain name.
Supposing your blogger blog name is yogalearners, then, yogalearners.blogspot.com is your best blogger blog domain name.
4. Register A Domain Name and Link the Domain Name to your Blogger Blog
Most blogger blog users go with the blogname.blogspot.com version of their blogger blog but that’s a bad thing to do. Not extremely bad but bad.
It is a good idea that you register a custom domain for your blogger blog and link the domain to your blogger blog so that instead of having blogname.blogspot.com you would be having something similar to blogname.com.
Apart from the trust your audience would have in your blog or brand, the SEO benefits of the custom domain to a blogger blog knows no bounds.
And as unbelievable as it may seem, having the same domain name as your blog name is very favorable SEO-wise.
Additionally, this also makes your blog name as well as the domain name memorable.
Some tips to help you choose the right domain name:
- Ensure you go for the .com version of your domain name – this is a wide recommendation from experts in the field.
- Shorter domain name out-performs longer versions – another reason to consider shorter blog names
5. Use CDN for your Blogger Blog
CDN is a shorthand for Content Delivery Network. Personally, I use CloudFlare CDN for my blogger blogs.
Why should you use CDN for your blogger blog?
Although you may experience this less often but most ISP (short for Internet Service Provider) and blogger have issues as traffic coming from blogger blog custom domains through some ISP are often blocked – the technical details or reasons for this issue is yet known to me but that is the case.
I got to learn about this when I had a blog targeting majorly Indian and Africa audiences.
To my surprise, most of the comment and messages I receive were based on their inability to reach my blog or they encounter timeout error 100% of the times while trying to view the blog.
I checked it myself and found that it was true.
That happened just after I changed to custom domain on that blog. I tested it with other blogger blogs too. Still the same issue but was able to access those blogs using some VPN app such as Windscribe then I realised it was most likely an ISP issue.
In short, when I enabled CloudFlare in the blog, my traffic doubled in less than a week – that suggests that more than half of the traffic to the blog were being blocked.
Apart from doubling your blogger blog traffic, your blogger blog loads faster and seem more secured and protected using CDN such as CloudFlare on it.
6. Prioritize your Audience over Monetization
No. I get it. Majority of bloggers are blogging to make money but then, you need to consider your most important asset – your audience.
A blog that has no decent audience would make little to no money anyways. So, if you are blogging to making money and earning a living, you must prioritize your audience over money.
If your aim is to earning passive income by promoting relevant affiliate products, you are thinking of developing and selling your own software, products and or services – that’s what I do too. You must prioritize your audience above all – this is a recommendation by Google.
7. Start with Free Tools
Have certain amount set aside for your blog? Go slow and do it slowly.
While majority of blogger find it extremely difficult to spending on their blogs, some are eager to get into the blogosphere and hit it big in a record time. If you are such a blogger willing to hit it big, start with free tools first.
Most subscribers management tools such as MailChimp and Aweber do have free plans. Even forms and data collections tools such as Jotform also have free plans.
And if you think collecting donations and payments for services is what you need, PayPal is also available for free and can be installed on your blogger blog in just a few minutes.
Some blogger themes even come pre-built with PayPal cart, donation and payment pages. Our own ivPurpose premium blogger theme is one of such blogger templates.
8. Ready to Spend on your Blog Wisely
Yes. I know. In the previous point I mentioned that you should start with free tools. – that’s good but you should not over do it.
If you start your blogger blog using free or demo theme, you are very wrong and you would have an extremely tough time propelling your blog moving forward.
Most demo and free blog themes and templates have embedded in them, encrypted codes that send link juices and traffic to the source or author website or blog – and this is something search engines detest.
9. Establish A Practical Work Plan and Have a To-do List
One of the best tips you would read in this post is this number 9.
Either you make a schedule to publishing a post to your blog on daily basis, 5 posts per week or a bunch of posts on daily basis – this is entirely your choice but then, having a neatly arranged work-plan for your blog halps a lot.
Either you blog in blogspot platform or Wix. Even WordPress or Squarespace, without this number 9 tip being properly managed, you would be chasing shadows.
To properly manage your work plan and your To-do list, you can rely on apps like Trello, Google Keep and others.
10. Prepare your First Posts
For fresh blogger blogs, I have confirmed it to be very useful when you stick to a set publishing plan.
Before you create your blog or before you make it go live; accessible, it is always good to have at least, 10 posts ready so that when your blogger blog is finally ready, you can schedule these 10 already made posts on the blog such that blogger auto-publishes these scheduled posts for each day up to ten days.
Best practices for this:
- Schedule those posts to auto-publish on your blog at the same time (hour) of each day. Thus; if you have chosen to publish the first one at 13:30 (1:30pm) of day one, schedule other posts to the same hour next days and for up to the 10th posts. The same rule should apply if you have chosen other hours.
- While those posts (already scheduled) are being auto-published by blogger, ensure you have other posts ready so that you may keep to that schedule for longer than ten days or for as long as possible. Keep in mind that the longer you could stick to that schedule, the better for your blogger blog.
You may be wondering why that should be done.
It helps Google and other search engines understand your blog active hours so that their web spiders may always index your blog daily and on that specific hours. Besides, it helps your blogger blog authority too.
Successful Bloggers Habits: Working On and Building your Blogger Blog Cores
The first ten tips already discussed above are expected to be followed when you are preparing to launch your blogger blog.
This section would be discussing the major tips that would help you build a successful blogger blog.
So, supposedly by now, you have a niche, a domain, your first posts and ideas for a continued posts. Now is the time to actually get to work and build your probably first successful blogger blog.
To actually build your blogger blog, your theme, pages among others are to be discussed next.
So, if you are ready, let’s go:!
11. Make your Blogger Blog Fast, Speedy and Snappy
With blogger, the only way to make your blog load extremely fast is by the use of an extremely light, responsive, fully featured theme or template.
Although, using CDN services such as CloudFlare would make your blogger blog load faster, you need a really good blogger blog template to complement the work of any CDN – this is one of the many reasons you should use a really good fully featured premium blogger template.
Some tips for you to choose a good template for your blogger blog:
- Do not use trial, demo or free template for your blogger blog – as earlier noted, most free blogger blog template are encrypted and encodded with scripts that sends link juices to the author’s website or redirect your blogger blog traffic to the author’s website. And I have seen some that rotates your AdSense (if used with the theme) display per page view thereby limiting or deciding your AdSense earnings.
- Avoid outdated themes — a theme that’s recently updated is far less likely to have issues that may adversely influence your blog SEO-wise.
- Go for template authors that release their themes updates regularly. Regular theme updates release is an indication that the developers are still active — ready to patch errors or provide assistance whenever necessary.
- Watchout for the ratings and reviews by others using the same theme you intend to use for your blogger blog.
- Consider using blogger templates that can be easily monetised. AdSense, custom ads, affiliate links, banner promotions etc. Always consider themes that readily supports monetization.
For a detailed analysis on how to choose the best theme for your blogger blog, see this page: How to Choose Best Template for Blogger Blog
12. Install Custom Subscribers Management Widget on your Blogger Blog from Day One
Feedburner is good but it’s definitely not the best. In fact, it’s just not good for managing subscribers at all.
And considering the fact that you would be needing your audiences to becoming your leads; prospects that would eventually turn to your goldmine, you need to have a good lead generation system in place. One that can help you easily convert one-time blog visitor to a long-term subscribers.
So, instead of using Feedburner that’s prebuilt for blogger blog, consider using services such as MailChimp, Aweber, Constant contact, Zoho Campaign and the likes of them.
Most of those services have free versions which are suitable for fresh bloggers.
You can start with their free version and subsequently upgrade to their paid version when necessary.
13. Have a Unique Contact Page Setup on your Blogger Blog
Contact page is one of those primary and first pages that ought to be setup on your blogger blog. This is because, regardless of which niche your blog focuses, your audience would always want to contact you.
Some would contact you for a business opportunity, some for questions and enquires while a bunch of other may contact you simply to appreciate your work.
For whichever reason, it is essential that you have a contact page ready on your blog.
But, I have to say this; blogger does not have that unique contact form that can be used.
You can also use JotForm to create a contact page or see our tutorial here: Advanced Contact Page for Blogger Blog – WordPress Standard and craete a unique contact page for your blog using that tutorial.
One of the core features any blogger should strive for is to ensure that that blog has an extremely good navigation system.
A blog with good navigation system must not lack any of these features;
- The blog must be responsive; easey to browse and navigate on any screen size. To achieve this means you ought to use a responsive blogger blog template that fits well and fine on any device and of any screensize.
- Have a good linkmap popularly referred to as navigation links or your blog menu. A good linkmap lets your blog visitors easily navigate your blog; moving from one page to another. Precisely how to setup a good navigation links for your blogger blog shall be discussed later in one of my later posts.
- Have a sticky or fixed navigation menu. This is optional but highly recommended, whenever possible; you should ensure that you have a sticky or fixed navigation menu for your blogger blog. Fixed or sticky navigation menu are those navigation links that remain visible to your blog viewers regardless of where they are in your blog. Fixed or sticky navigation links scrolls with your blog’s page scrolls.
15. Create and Publish HTML Sitemap Page for your Blogger Blog
Sitemap to website and blog generally refers to a link, a file or page that when visited or scanned shows the entire content of that blog or websites. There are two types of sitemap; one is intended for search engines spiders while the other is intended for human readers.
The one intended for human readers is referred to as HTML Sitemap. This HTML sitemap is one page that contains all the links to your blogger blog posts. Thus, from that single sitemap page, your visitors can see and have access to the entire blog posts ever published on your blogger blog.
From day one, ensure that you create an HTML sitemap page for your blogger blog.
Wondering why not sitemap for search engines spiders first?
Yes. You should not submit your blog XML sitemap which is primarily intended for search engines yet because, supposedly, you do not have enough content yet and submitting near empty sitemap to search engines would get your blog down-looked.
Here is a tutorial that explains how to create an HTML sitemap page for your blogger blog: How to Create Sitemap for your Blogger Blog
To Win the Crowd: Steps to Writing Traffic-Worthy Content for Your Bloggere Blog
The first phase of this tutorial which are the first ten tips highlight the necessary steps you should take when you are to start a blogger blog.
The second phase which encompasses five basic tips, highlights the five major steps you should take care when you actually start creating your blogger blog.
In this phase, we would be discussing primarily on what you should do and what you should not do when creating content for your blogger blog.
As we all know it, a blog isn’t a blog without a library of informative articles especially when the primary focus of such blog is on How-to, news, historic and other similar categories.
Now, supposedly, your blogger blog is ready; what you should be spending most of your time on is in the making of good quality content for your blog.
When I say quality content, I don’t mean articles with perfect spellings shocked with tideous grammers. Yes. That’s part of it but not even five percent of it.
If you are really looking to create traffic worthy articles, as long as blogging is concerned; you need far more than that.
Using the next couple of minutes, we would be discussing how to create blogger blog posts that actually would win the crowd.
And to create a blog post that would actually win the crowd, here is a list of things you should do:
16. Reason your Next Blog Post Content the Best Way Possible
The first step to this is to think of the post you are going publish on your blogger blog.
Let us suppose your blogger blog name is Cryptobench, from your blog name, what any reasonable visitor or follower of your blog would be expecting is to seeing articles covering Bitcoin, Etherium, Coinbase and all sort of names and subjects in the cryptocurrency world.
Publishing articles that are unrelated to your blog niche is a bad idea and leaves your blog a poor reputation.
Unless you plan on focusing general news category, do not make the mistakes of pushing mixed contents.
17. Craft A Brief and Inclusive Title for your Blog Post. Always
If you have successfully groomed and come up with ideas on what your next blog posts would be like, now is the time to think of an accurate title for your blog posts.
While it is a good idea to make your blog post title as short as possible, it must also be descriptive and inclusive.
Here is what an accurate blog post title should look like; an accurate blog post title:
- Must contain and properly blend with the keywords of your blog post content.
- Must prioritize the important words in the blog post content by putting the important keywords first.
- Must be between 55 characters long or less.
- Must be catchy, readily attract click-throughs.
As important as your blog post titles are, do not be surprised that,even after doing everything right, your blog posts are not getting the deserved attention.
This is most likely because your blog posts do not have the headlines strong enough to pique the interest of search engine users.
Be as it may, a headline can single-handedly turn potential readers away or invite them into your blog post. As such, it must be descriptive, thought-provoking, and perfectly optimized.
If you find it uncomfortable doing this yourself, you may seek the aid of tools like CoSchedule Blog Post Headline Analyzer – this is a great tool that will help you check and fill all those boxes.
18. Examine Top Contending Posts in your Blog Post Category
Most likely, you already know this for a fact; there is no content you can think of writing on that no one has ever written about.
Is that correct?
If no then, think of any content reasonable and Google search it. You will be overwhelmed by how many results; how many authors, sites and blogs already discussing that content.
If yes then it’s Good! Do not be scared. Use this to your advantage instead.
Before you begin writing your blog post, do a little research. Do a Google search on your blog post topic and pick the 5 top ranking posts Google search result brings.
Thinking of what to do with them?
Yes. Compare them.
Understand why one ranks above the other. Know their flows and wits and then, combine their wits in your own blog post.
By combining their wits, I mean you should consider all the marks you understand makes one rank than the other and combine all those marks and contain them in your own blog post.
By doing so, you would easily understand how to produce a content more friendly SEO-wise than your existing contenders and probably outrank them effortlessly.
I should let you know though, you may not be able to outrank those existing contendants in just a day or a few days, but you would come close. And if you put efforts in building quality Backlinks, you would certainly outrank them soon.
19. Research your Blog Post Keyword the Best Ways Possible
Taking keyword research for granted is one of the biggest mistakes that a lot of new bloggers make.
Whereas, keyword strategy alone can make or break your content marketing.
Because an accurate keyword research can rake in hundreds of visitors to your post or waste your resources with content no one will read.
In the SEO world today, effective keyword research means finding keywords that are:
- Classified as Long-Tail Keywords
Therefore, instead of focusing on broad keywords in your blog posts, gear your energy towards creating content that focuses Long-Tail Keywords.
The difference between broad keyword and long-tail keyword is that the latter contains three or more terms.
Long-tail keywords are generally less competitive, more targeted, and usually more profitable than broad keywords.
In order to do a an accurate keyword research for your blog post, here are what to lookout for and do:
- Use the Right Keyword Research Tool — as unbelievable as it may seem, most free keyword research tools are great for generating content ideas for your blogger blog.
- Examine and pick keyword research tool that accurately guage metrics. Accuracy of metrics such as volume, difficulty and estimated traffic cost are essential for best results of your SEO.
- User Intent matters — inspite of having established promising metrics, a long-tail keyword may not be a perfect fit for your goals hence, the reason you need to also pay attention to the user intent behind a keyword. User intent always revolve around information, transaction, or navigation.
- Combine several related Long-Tail keywords in your blog posts. This is yet another important factor to note. By combining several keyword ideas that are relevant to your content topic in a single blog post, you have better chance of generating traffic and attracting all the users searching for those keywords.
If you are looking for keyword research tool to start with, SEMrush, Serpstat and KWFinder all could make a really good start.
We also have comprehensive published posts on keyword research tools which you can check from here: keyword research tools on ivTheme.
20. Understand Keyword Placement within your Blog Posts
When you have researched your blog post keywords and come up with a bunch of accurate keywords, a chunk from the whole bulks has just been accomplished.
Your next task is to understand where to place your researched keywords within your blog post content.
The commonly acceptable rules for doing this is to ensure that all your focusing keywords are mentioned at least once in the article body.
Since that is the common rule known to all, everyone would be doing that. I supposed you already know that but who does it better wins the race – the reason you should learn how to do it better.
In order to do proper targeting keyword placement in your blog post, ensure that;
- Your focus keyword appear within your post title. While this is highly recommended, it must be done wisely. You should not force it.
- Your focus keyword appear within the post introduction — your post’s introduction helps both search engines and human users understand what the page is all about. So, ensure your focus keyword appear within the introduction precisely near the beginning part.
- You include your focus keywords in your post subheadings.
- And if you link to another post within your blog post, internal or external; use your focus keyword as the Link’s anchor text if the end result makes sense.
21. Prioritize and Maximize the Use of your Blog Post Subheadings
Subheadings play many essential roles in your blog post as they help both human readers and search engine spiders have a better understanding of your blog post content.
They also help your readers navigate and skim through your blog post better. Other than for these reasons, as earlier mentioned; subheadings are a great spot to place your blog post focus keyword within the post content body.
So, to boost reader retention as well as convince the search engines the richness of your blog post, make it a priority to reasonably using as many subheadings as possible within your blog post content body.
22. Always Publish Link-worthy Content in Blogger Blog
In the blogging ecosystem today, it is tasky to make a Link-worthy content.
Tasky but simple and achievable.
What are Link-worthy Content?
Link-worthy content are those blog posts so rich, interesting and inclusive that they naturally attract and gain backlinks; thus several blog posts, authors and websites link back to them.
As tasky as creating Link-worthy content is, they are a factor any successful blog may not survive without.
Fortunately though, they’re also one of those few factors best earned naturally rather than being bought or bartered for.
Meaning, creating and publishing Link-worthy content in your blogger blog is not an option if you want to drive tons of traffic to your blog.
I understand. It is a good idea to outsource; to build healthy backlinks by indulging in healthy link building practices that involve writing quality content and providing value to users. But if you want to build a healthy backlink profile for your blogger blog, start by focusing on your content.
To create and publish Link-worthy content in your blogger blog, it is not a must that you create content full with information that can’t be found elsewhere rather, focus on presenting your content in a manner that it has never been presented before – in the best ways.
…focus on presenting your content in a manner that it has never been presented before – in the best ways.
23. Use Statistics in your Blog Posts When Necessary
Yes. I get. This may be hard and may not be frequent but whenever you need to publish content that naturally requires statistics, use it to your advantage.
It doesn’t matter if you did your own study or compiled facts from other sources. If your blog post contains statistics, you have a good chance of being linked to by content writers.
24. Use Custom Visuals in your Blog Posts Whenever Suitable
Custom visuals are fast becoming essential part of the new norm in the blogging ecosystem.
So, if you’re still not utilizing visual content in your blog posts, you’re missing out on a lot of benefits.
Speaking of custom visual contents, I don’t mean the free stock photos most content writers use as featured images rather, I am referring to the brilliant, custom graphics you can stir up using tools like Visme or Canva.
Both tools feature a drag-and-drop interface that will let you make professionally-looking graphics within minutes.
Other than improving the experience of your readers through your use of visual contents, incorporating visuals into your content strategy will help you gain more social media shares and backlinks.
25. Practice and Prioritize Honesty in your Blog Posts
This is a lesson you must not learn the hard way.
Although this is a common trait found in especially new bloggers, as soon as they start generating traffic, how to make money come to mind and they begin to prioritizing monetization over their prospects; they become too focused on monetization that they become reckless towards their credibility.
This is a mistake that could smear your brand, disturb the trust and then bring your whole brand’s reputation to a collapse.
So, as you begin your journey and climbs the ladder to becoming a successful blogger, you should always have this in mind;
- If your blogger blog focuses on writing product reviews, use the product yourself before you write anything on it because that is the only way you could provide authentic opinions that would end up in sales.
- Relate with your audience in your real image. As a blogger, do not be surprised that as times go on, your audience would be more interested in your personality than your brand and when that time comes, you will be more relatable to your audience if you share real scenarios and experiences.
- Be frank in your opinions. Don’t be afraid to write negative reviews.
26. Wherever Possible, Avoid Wordy Sentences
One of the many audience retention techniques you could introduce is to always ensure that your blog posts are easy to read, understand and digest.
With that said, using an extremely wordy sentences would not let your blog posts understandable easily.
So, instead of using wordy sentences, go for the shorter ones.
Shorter sentences are those whose words are kept between twenty-five and thirty words long.
27. In your Blog Posts, Always Maintain A Brief and Inclusive Introduction
Truly, the introduction is one of the core factors that attracts clicks to a blog posts hence the reason it should be optimized to fully serve its purposes.
The major function of the introduction is to set your potential readers in motion by capturing their attention earlier and setting their expectation straight so that such audience may read from start to finish.
A good introduction is the summary of the entire blog post in just one sentence, or two sentences at the most.
Meanwhile, do not forget that your introduction must contain your focus keywords blended in the issue the post is set solve.
28. Clickable Table of Contents Adds SEO Value. Use it often in your blog posts
Long before the advent of Google’s Rich Results Snippet technology, clickable table of contents were being used by search engines to accurately scan and display your blog posts snippet in SERPs.
To search engines, using clickable table of content in your blog posts have two major benefits;
- You have better chance of ranking your blogger blog posts higher in SERPs – wonder why this could be a factor? Clickable table of contents convinces search engines that your content is rich. Besides, their spiders could easily scan your entire blog posts.
- Improved click through rate – headlines of blog posts or articles with clickable table of contents within them when they appear in search engine results pages; they have additional details below their description. These additional details are more like a click bait that allows your blogger blog posts gain more attention.
Meanwhile, to human readers also, clickable table of contents allows them scan your entire blog post content easily. Besides, it is also another way of presenting your post in a manner no other may have.
To learn how to create a clickable table of contents for your blogger blog posts, you may refer to our tutorial here: Creating Clickable Table of Contents for Blogger Blog Posts
29. Complicated Words Confuse your Readers. Avoid Using Complicated Words in your Blog Posts
One of those things that helps you retain visitors in your blogger blog for longer are ease of use and understanding.
In your blog posts, always ensure that you make your readers understand the content of your blog post and that they get the message therein at the first read.
There is absolutely no need of you impressing your readers by the use of rigid vocabularies.
If you have a sentence you find it hard expressing it simpler, consult your dictionary for synonyms or make use of word processors such as Google Docs or Microsoft words for that.
View your readers through the mirror of kindergarten kids reading their rhymes – for them to love the rhyme, it must be made easy to ready and understood.
That’s the logic.
– for them to love the rhyme, it must be made easy to ready and understood.
30. If you Wish to Stay and Remain Afloat of the Competition, Regularly Find and Update your Outdated Blog Posts
As much as you are working to remain at the first page of search engines result pages, your competitors are also working to outsmart you.
And because the search engines spiders are smart enough, they could understand and identify the most updated information for a particular period of time hence, they shift their course by presenting the content they understand to being the most relevant and updated for that period of time ahead of others.
Besides, because the search engines are smart, they favour the smarter minds.
To be smarter in this regard, always be on the lookout.
31. Search Engines Love Details. Be More Detailed in Your Blog Posts
This tip is especially favourable to blogger blogs that are in the How-to section of any niche.
Supposing your strongest competitor offers six actionable step by step guides, for the same post discussing the same topic, attempt to offer eight to ten actionable step by step guides with rich illustrations.
Although, it may not happen overnight, but that way, you’ll stand a better chance to outrank your competitors on that same keywords.
You probably do not know what listicles are but I am pretty sure you have come across listicles on the internet a dozen times over.
Listicles are among the favorite formats content creators and bloggers are used to and it has being so a very long time.
Listcle is a system of writing content discussing series of items presented as a or in a list.
Listicles title example: 25 Successful Bloggers Habits You Should Learn
For bloggers seeking to beef up his or her blog traffic, I recommend using Listicles often because they are easy to make, simple to write, and have higher tendencies of being shared more on social media.
33. As Frequent As You Can, Keep your Blog Posts Interesting to Read from Start to Finish
For every successful blogger blog, readers retention is the key. And to keep your readers on your blog, your blog posts ought to be interesting to read and entertaining at the same time.
Meanwhile, one of the easiest, natural and less common ways of keeping your readers entertained whilst passing valuable information to them is with your use of conversational tone.
There are numerous advantages attached to using conversational style rather than formal; text-book style in your blog posts.
Using conversational style, you’ll have as much fun writing your blog posts as your readers would reading the blog posts.
34. Always Verify Facts
If you ever have the need to write a blog post that requires stating some facts, giving some data or analysis, always make sure you verify those stated facts.
In so doing, you’ll be gaining more credibility for your brand and trust for the name.
And whenever you borrow a fact from another source, always refer the source in your content body where it can be easily spotted by your readers.
Remember: All it requires is just one false information and your readers may lose their pace in the trust they have in your brand.
35. Encourage Commenting and Engagement from Readers
Through the engagements on your blog posts, you can get to know one thing for sure; your audience get your message and they enjoy reading through.
Although, no news is good news. Most of your audience would get your message right and would decide not to comment or mention a thing about the content therein.
This is especially the case when they have no issues implementing the guides stated in your blog posts or in digesting the information consumed in the blog post. – this is one of the reasons you should encourage them to participate in the post via their comments.
Near the end of your post, you may categorically encourage them to participate via comment by stating clearly your intents for them to participate in just one sentence.
Remember: the more engaged your blog post, the higher the tendency of it being shared on social media.
Final Note: winning the crowd using your blogger blog content
In the last about twenty points highlighted in the just concluded phase; how to win the crowd using your blogger blog posts content, I have being revealing to you, how to use your blogger blog posts to win your accidental audiences over.
Most of the points highlighted can be categorised or found under blogger blog On-page SEO tips but then, they are primarily for your audience. We shall discuss blogger blog SEO, both on-page and off-page SEO strategies later on; further down this page.
Meanwhile, if you are like me, I love putting knowledges and information to test, I would create some fresh blog posts based on the last twenty points highlighted from above and see how those posts fair in search engine.
Remember: come back here with the outcome of your observation on those blog posts you created based on the twenty points highlighted from above.
Be it negative or positive outcome, I’ll be here for you.
I’m up for the challenge.
Now, shall we proceed to the next phases?
Yes. I will but not now.
The next phases shall cover;
- Best strategic SEO means for blogger blog
- The best monetization strategies for blogger blog and that includes plugins and widgets, best monetization channels and all.
- Social media marketing possibilities for blogger blog
- Best alternatives to Feedburner in blogger blog and how best to utilize them.
So, for now; read, digest and apply the tactics I have revealed to you.
Do check back on this page often as I may update this page with the detailed update on the other phases yet to discuss in a few days.